- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped drained giardiniera (mixed pickled vegetables)
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 6 ounces sliced ham or roasted turkey (or a mix of both)
- 4 ounces sliced provolone
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula
- 4 soft whole-grain rolls, halved
- Combine the carrots, oil, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Divide the carrots, giardiniera, tapenade, ham or turkey, provolone, tomato, cucumber, and arugula among the rolls.