Vegetable Stir-Fry With Peanuts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha or some other hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 carrots, cut into very thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and cook, tossing frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and bean sprouts and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and toss to coat. Serve over the rice and sprinkle with the scallions and peanuts.
- Per Serving
- Calories 363
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 435mg
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Easy upgrade: Make this dish with creamy coconut rice. Cook the white rice as usual but replace 1 cup of the water with one 14-ounce can of coconut milk.