long-grain white rice
low-sodium soy sauce
fresh lime juice
Sriracha or some other hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
carrots, cut into very thin strips
red bell pepper, thinly sliced
shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
scallions, thinly sliced
roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and cook, tossing frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and bean sprouts and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and toss to coat. Serve over the rice and sprinkle with the scallions and peanuts.