- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 14.5-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, 1 cup water, potatoes, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and broccoli. Cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with toasted baguette slices (if desired).