- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 cups snow peas, cut into thirds
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, bean sprouts, and 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the cooked rice, scallions, and the remaining soy sauce mixture. Cook until just heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Push the rice toward the side and pour the eggs into the center. Scramble with a spatula until set, then stir into the rice. Serve with the vegetables.