Tofu and Vegetable Curry With Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 carrots, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen okra
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add the carrots, onion, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in the curry paste.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the tofu and okra and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and serve with the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 534
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 305mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 328mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.