Makes 2 cups, serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the milk into the sugar mixture, stirring to form a smooth paste. Whisk in the remaining milk and the egg yolks.
- Cook the pudding mixture over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 15 minutes. Do not allow it to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Scrape the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the surface to make an airtight seal and prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Per Serving
- Calories 273Calories From Fat 39%
- Calcium 151mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Cholesterol 130mg
- Fat 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 5mg
- Sat Fat 7g
- Sodium 127mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .