- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, and 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is tender and starts to fall apart, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the strawberries, ginger, and coriander, if using. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Divide the ice cream among individual bowls and spoon the sauce over the top.