- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1pound ground turkey
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 8 taco shells
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 1/2cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar
- 1 beefsteak tomato, diced
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, crumbling with the back of a spoon, until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the filling into the taco shells and top with the lettuce, Cheddar, and tomato.