Turkey Taco Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 16-ounce container store-bought refigerated fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 6-ounce can sliced black olives (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour off any excess liquid. Stir in half the salsa and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and remaining salsa.
- Divide the lettuce, chips, turkey mixture, beans, avocado, Cheddar, and olives (if desired) among bowls. Serve with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 602Calories From Fat 43%
- Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sodium 1560mg
- Protein 43g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 6g
- Sat Fat 8g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Turn leftovers of this dish into an easy lunch the next day: Just wrap the ingredients in a flour or whole-wheat tortilla.