Turkey Sausage Heros
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), quartered
- 1/4 cup torn basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 Italian-style turkey sausages
- 4 slices bread, grilled
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the tomato, bocconcini, basil, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve on the grilled bread and top with the tomato mixture.