- 1 8-ounce cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped gherkins
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, preferably challah
- 10 ounces thinly sliced deli-counter roast turkey
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mustard, capers, gherkins, onion, and salt. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to 2 hours to let the flavors mingle.
- Divide half of the cucumber mixture between 2 slices of the bread and top each with the turkey. Add the remaining cucumber slaw and bread.