- 8 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Russian dressing
- 8 slices roasted turkey or chicken
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups potato chips
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles
- Spread 4 slices of bread with the mustard and 4 slices with the Russian dressing.
- Dividing evenly, top the mustard-spread slices with the turkey, sauerkraut, and cheese, then the remaining bread.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sandwiches and cook, pressing occasionally with the back of a spatula until the bread is golden brown and crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the potato chips and pickles.