Turkey and Pesto Panini
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 loaf soft French bread (12 ounces), split
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto
- 8 ounces sliced roasted turkey
- 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (6 cups)
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- Spread the bottom half of the loaf with the pesto. Top with the turkey, cheese, and onion. Sandwich with the top half of the loaf and cut into 4 pieces. Dividing evenly, brush the outside of the sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook the sandwiches, pressing down occasionally, until the bread is crisp and the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and avocado and toss to combine. Serve with the sandwiches.
- Per Serving
- Calories 702
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 73mg
- Sodium 1,379mg
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrate 58g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 476mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you don’t have a grill pan, you can cook the sandwiches in a large skillet. Or use a panini maker if you have one.