- 1 loaf soft French bread (12 ounces), split
- 1/3cup store-bought pesto
- 8ounces sliced roasted turkey
- 4ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (6 cups)
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- Spread the bottom half of the loaf with the pesto. Top with the turkey, cheese, and onion. Sandwich with the top half of the loaf and cut into 4 pieces. Dividing evenly, brush the outside of the sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook the sandwiches, pressing down occasionally, until the bread is crisp and the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and avocado and toss to combine. Serve with the sandwiches.