- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 8 ounces sliced roasted turkey
- 8 slices white country bread, toasted
- Toss the onion and vinegar in a small bowl. Let sit until the onion is tender and bright pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the peas and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Mash until the peas hold together.
- Divide the peas, onion, pesto, and turkey among the bread.