- 1 1/2pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 2pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup jarred marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and form it into a 10-inch loaf. Spread with the ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pot of enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Mash with the buttermilk, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the meat loaf with the potatoes and the marinara sauce, if using.