Turkey Meat Loaf With Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Heat oven to 450° F. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, and 2 tablespoons each of the milk and ketchup; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture into a loaf and top with the remaining ¼ cup ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, the remaining ½ cup of milk, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency.
- Bring a second large saucepan of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Serve with the meat loaf and mashed potatoes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 562
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 184mg
- Sodium 973mg
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 117mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For meat loaf with a smoky flavor, substitute barbecue sauce for the ketchup.