- 1 1/2pounds ground turkey
- 1/4cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1pound green beans, trimmed
- Heat oven to 450° F. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, and 2 tablespoons each of the milk and ketchup; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture into a loaf and top with the remaining ¼ cup ketchup. Bake until cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, the remaining ½ cup of milk, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency.
- Bring a second large saucepan of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Serve with the meat loaf and mashed potatoes.