- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2teaspoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 turkey cutlets (about 1 pound total)
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, lightly toasted
- 4 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, and sugar. Add the cabbage and carrot and toss to combine.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the turkey with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Form sandwiches with the bread, turkey, slaw, and pickles. Serve with the fries.