- canola oil, for the grill
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch planks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices country bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces sliced roasted turkey
- 4 ounces sliced Cheddar
- lettuce, for serving
- Heat grill to medium. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate with the canola oil.
- Toss the zucchini, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Brush the bread with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grill until golden brown, 30 seconds per side.
- Divide the mayonnaise, Dijon, zucchini, turkey, Cheddar, and lettuce among the grilled bread.