Turkey Burgers With Spiced Tomato Chutney
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil for grill
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (dark meat or 93 percent lean or less)
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 squares of focaccia, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside. (The chutney can be served warm or at room temperature.)
- Heat grill to medium-high; oil the grate. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, Gruyère, and garlic. (Do not overwork the meat.)
- Form the mixture into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Make a shallow well in the top of each (to prevent overplumping while cooking). Season with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the patties, turning once (do not press or flatten), until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers on the focaccia, topped with the chutney.
- Per Serving
- Calories 453Calories From Fat 153
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 104mg
- Sodium 977mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 221mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .