Turkey Burgers With Zucchini and Carrot
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 4 small leaves Boston lettuce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until no pink remains, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil. Broil until golden brown and crisp, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Transfer the bread to individual plates. Top with the lettuce and burgers. If desired, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice and serve with the burgers.
- Per Serving
- Calories 303Calories From Fat 42%
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 633mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 26g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .