- ¾ pound ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 4 small leaves Boston lettuce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until no pink remains, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil. Broil until golden brown and crisp, about 1½ minutes.
- Transfer the bread to individual plates. Top with the lettuce and burgers. If desired, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice and serve with the burgers.