Turkey Burgers With Creamy Romaine Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey (93 percent lean or less)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 scallions, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 4 soft rolls, split and toasted
- potato chips and pickles, for serving
- In a medium bowl, gently combine the turkey, mustard, thyme, and scallions.
- Form the meat into four ¾-inch-thick patties. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss with the lettuce and carrot.
- Serve the burgers on the rolls, topped with the slaw. Serve with chips and pickles (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 376
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 750mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 92mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .