Turkey Burgers With Caesar Spread
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (1/2 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, finely chopped (optional)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (dark meat or 93 percent lean or less)
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, ⅔ of the garlic, anchovy (if using), and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, Gruyère, and remaining garlic. (Do not overwork the meat.)
- Form the mixture into four ¾-inch-thick patties and season with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the patties, turning once (do not press), until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the Caesar spread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 512Calories From Fat 269
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 774mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 321mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with potato salad. Cook 1 pound baby potatoes until tender, run under cold water to cool, and quarter; toss with sour cream, lemon juice, thinly sliced celery, chopped chives, salt, and pepper.