grated Parmesan (1/2 ounce)
fresh lemon juice
cloves garlic, finely chopped
anchovy fillet, finely chopped (optional)
kosher salt and black pepper
ground turkey (dark meat or 93 percent lean or less)
grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, ⅔ of the garlic, anchovy (if using), and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, Gruyère, and remaining garlic. (Do not overwork the meat.)
- Form the mixture into four ¾-inch-thick patties and season with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the patties, turning once (do not press), until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the Caesar spread.