Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (dark meat or 93 percent lean or less)
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill grate. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, Gruyère, and garlic (do not overwork the meat). Form the mixture into four ¾-inch-thick patties and make a shallow well in the top of each. Season the patties with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the patties, turning once (do not press or flatten), until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve on rolls with the desired toppings.
- Per Serving
- Calories 395Calories From Fat 161
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Sodium 632mg
- Cholesterol 104mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Free-range birds have a more robust turkey flavor and substantial texture than coop-raised ones. They tend to be moist but not exceptionally so.