Turkey and Bean Chili
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- cilantro sprigs, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, cumin, and chili pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, beans, ½ cup water, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the chili with the sour cream and cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 337
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 10g
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Calcium 134mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 1317mg
- Cholesterol 56mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .