Grilled Tuna and Scallions With Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Lightly coat a clean grill with the cooking oil spray. Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with sesame oil (if using). Brush the tuna with the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, and ginger (if using). Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the scallions with the oil mixture and arrange on grill in a single layer. Grill 1 minute per side until seared and slightly limp. Transfer to plates.
- Arrange the tuna steaks evenly across grill. Cook 3 minutes per side for medium rare (4 minutes for medium, 5 for well-done).
- Transfer the steaks to plates on top of the scallions. Spoon the tomato salad over the steaks and serve immediately.
- Per Serving
- Calories 340
- Calcium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Cholesterol 77mg
- Fat 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 42mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 80mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the tuna with long-grain white rice. Cook according to the package directions, then fluff and toss with toasted sesame seeds.