cooking oil spray
toasted sesame oil (optional)
(6-ounce) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
kosher salt and black pepper
cherry tomato halves
fresh lime juice
freshly grated ginger, optional
bunches scallions, trimmed
- Lightly coat a clean grill with the cooking oil spray. Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with sesame oil (if using). Brush the tuna with the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, and ginger (if using). Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the scallions with the oil mixture and arrange on grill in a single layer. Grill 1 minute per side until seared and slightly limp. Transfer to plates.
- Arrange the tuna steaks evenly across grill. Cook 3 minutes per side for medium rare (4 minutes for medium, 5 for well-done).
- Transfer the steaks to plates on top of the scallions. Spoon the tomato salad over the steaks and serve immediately.