- 1/2 pound bow-tie pasta
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 6-ounce cans light tuna, preferably in olive oil, drained
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until almost done, about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots and peas to the pot and continue cooking until the pasta and carrots are firm-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta, carrots, and peas to a large bowl. Add the bell pepper.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, shallot, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the pasta; toss with the capers and tuna.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Shave or grate Parmesan over the top.