wild and long-grain rice blend
small head radicchio, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
kosher salt and black pepper
trout fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 350° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Cut away the peel and pith of 2 of the oranges. Working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each orange segment, releasing the segments into the bowl.
- Juice the remaining orange and add the juice to the bowl along with the radicchio, pecans, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the trout with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook skin-side down first, in batches, until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve the trout over the rice. Top with the orange mixture and sprinkle with the chives.