vegetable cooking spray
2- to 2 1/2-pound
4 1/2-ounce cans
chopped chilies, drained
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square or 10-by-7-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones; coarsely chop. Combine the yogurt and cream in a bowl.
- Arrange a third of the tortillas in the baking dish. Top with half the salsa, chicken, and cream-yogurt mixture; 1 can of the chilies; and a third of the cheese.
- Top with a third of the tortillas; the remaining salsa, chicken, cream-yogurt, and chilies; and a third of the cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until bubbly and the cheese is browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.