Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 white corn tortillas
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and excess moisture squeezed out
- 6 ounces good-quality Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes (1/2-inch chunks) or one 14.5-ounce can petite-cut diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (such as Del Monte), drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a small bowl and lightly brush each tortilla on both sides. Place the tortillas around the pan to form an overlapping circular crust. Bake 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spoon the spinach evenly over the tortillas, then put half the Feta on top. Sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes and top with the remaining Feta. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with the basil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 283
- Calcium 332mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Cholesterol 38mg
- Fat 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 11mg
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 836mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This dish can be served warm or at room temperature, making it convenient for nights when your household isn’t eating at the same time.