Tortilla-Crusted Cod Cakes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Finely chop enough onion to measure 3/4 cup and enough cilantro stems to measure 1 tablespoon (reserving the leaves). Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, cilantro stems, and jalapeño and cook until softened, 4 minutes.
- Pulse the cod, egg, salt, pepper, and the onion mixture in a food processor until combined but not pureed. Form 8 cod cakes. Coat each cake with the chips.
- Wipe out skillet. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil over medium heat. Add 4 cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Wipe out skillet and repeat with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and the last 4 cakes.
- Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining onion. Toss with the oranges, 1/2 cup of the cilantro
leaves, and the remaining oil. Serve with the cakes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 380Calories From Fat 26%
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 1,090mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .