eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
cloves garlic, finely chopped
crushed red pepper
low-sodium vegetable broth
cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, bell peppers, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and tortellini. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini are cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan.