- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound fresh chorizo or spicy Italian sausage (4 links)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro Cream (see below)
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 ounce crumbled Cotija or Feta cheese (¼ cup)
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush the grill grates with oil. Brush the chorizo with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the chorizo, uncovered, until thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and cut in half lengthwise.
- Spread 1½ tablespoons Cilantro Cream on the cut sides of each roll. Place 2 chorizo pieces on the bottom half of each roll. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese, 3 avocado slices, ¼ cup cabbage, and 4 or 5 radish slices. Cover with the top halves of the rolls and serve.
Stir together 1 cup plain yogurt, ½ cup firmly packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice. Other uses: Drizzle over nachos, dollop onto flaky white fish, or spread on a veggie burger.