- 1cup long-grain white rice
- kosher salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups water, the rice, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rice with the tomatoes and Parmesan. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in the basil before serving.