- 2 (10-ounce) portions frozen pizza dough, thawed
- flour for work surface
- 2cups seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 1cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2/3cup black olive halves
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2cups shredded smoked mozzarella or smoked Gouda
- Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven. Heat oven to 475° F.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to make two 12-inch squares or rounds. Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets.
- Top the dough with the tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives. Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top the pizzas with the mozzarella. Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pies are lightly browned.