8-inch flour tortillas
grated or sliced mozzarella
tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
pine nuts, toasted
extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to medium. Place 4 of the tortillas on a cutting board and top with the mozzarella and tomatoes, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Season with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper and top with the remaining tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, combine the basil, pine nuts, oil, and remaining salt; set aside.
- Cook the quesadillas around the perimeter of the grill until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp and golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Immediately cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the basil salad.