Tomato and Mozzarella Burger
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 450° F. Slice a thin piece from the bottom of each tomato so the tomatoes sit upright. Slice each in half horizontally.
- Arrange the tomato halves, cut-side up, on a foil-lined shallow roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the oil. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes.
- Roast until softened and warmed through, about 15 minutes. (Underripe tomatoes may take 5 to 15 minutes longer.)
- Meanwhile, cut the mozzarella into six ½-inch-thick slices. Using a spatula, sandwich each slice between 2 hot tomato halves. (The heat will melt the cheese slightly.)
- Drizzle the tomatoes with any juices that collected in the roasting pan and serve with the basil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 182.15Calories From Fat 64%
- Calcium 21.52mg
- Carbohydrate 8.32g
- Cholesterol 29.7mg
- Fat 12.98g
- Fiber 2.26g
- Iron 0.59mg
- Protein 8.43mg
- Sat Fat 6.08g
- Sodium 196.11mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the “burger” with arugula tossed with sliced fennel and radishes, toasted pine nuts, lemon juice, and olive oil.