- 2 hamburger or hot dog buns, split
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh oregano or basil, torn
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat broiler.
- With a rolling pin, roll the bun halves until flattened.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the buns with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Broil until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, oregano or basil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil. Transfer the buns to a platter and spoon the tomatoes over the top.