Tomato, Bacon, and Pan-Roasted Garlic Frittata
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. In an ovenproof nonstick skillet, cook the bacon and garlic over medium heat until the bacon is crisp and the garlic is browned, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble. In a small bowl, smash the garlic until creamy.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the garlic and eggs and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, without stirring, until the eggs are beginning to set at the edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crumbled bacon, tomatoes, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer to the oven. Bake until the center is set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss the greens with the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the frittata.
- Per Serving
- Calories 385Calories From Fat 272
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 547mg
- Sodium 840mg
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 176mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
A frittata is a great party dish, served right from the skillet or at room temperature on a buffet.