Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar. Cook the marinade over low heat until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into four 1-inch-thick burgers. Transfer to a bowl, pour the marinade over the top, and let sit 15 minutes, turning once.
- Place the burgers on a medium-hot grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side. (Or heat the oil in a grill pan over medium heat and cook the tofu 2 minutes per side.)
- Top each burger with some of the Cheddar and cook 2 minutes more or until the cheese melts.
- Top with some sprouts and sliced radishes. Serve on the rolls with mustard, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 321
- Calcium 428mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Fat 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 22mg
- Sat Fat 7g
- Sodium 862mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To drain excess water from a block of tofu, place it between 2 cutting boards lined with paper towels and let drain for 30 minutes.