extra-firm tofu, drained
olive oil (if cooking on a stove top)
4-ounce package alfalfa sprouts
small bunch radishes, sliced
whole-wheat rolls, toasted
honey mustard (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar. Cook the marinade over low heat until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into four 1-inch-thick burgers. Transfer to a bowl, pour the marinade over the top, and let sit 15 minutes, turning once.
- Place the burgers on a medium-hot grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side. (Or heat the oil in a grill pan over medium heat and cook the tofu 2 minutes per side.)
- Top each burger with some of the Cheddar and cook 2 minutes more or until the cheese melts.
- Top with some sprouts and sliced radishes. Serve on the rolls with mustard, if desired.