- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste, found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sliced scallions and sliced red chilies, for serving
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the tofu with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, miso, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small bowl.
- Serve the tofu, beans, avocado, scallions, and chilies over the rice, drizzled with the dressing.