Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 14 ladyfingers (about 4 ounces)
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve the sugar in the espresso, add the rum, and chill. Dip the ladyfingers, one at a time, into the espresso and arrange them snugly in the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking pan, trimming if necessary.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until it's soft but still holds its shape, about 2 minutes. Spread over the ladyfingers to form a smooth surface. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight (if overnight, wrap in plastic to prevent freezer burn).
- Let soften slightly before scooping into bowls to serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 214Calories From Fat 38%
- Calcium 94mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Fat 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 83mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
There are great non-dairy alternatives that can be substituted for ice cream in all these recipes. Try the vanilla from Turtle Mountain Purely Decadent Soy Delicious; it has the richness of ice cream without the dairy.