Tilapia Salad With Apples and Almonds
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups arugula, thick stems removed (about 8 ounces)
- 2 heads endive, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the tilapia with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook in batches until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side (adding more oil to the skillet if necessary). Let cool, then break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, honey, the remaining oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the arugula, endive, apple, and almonds and toss; top with the tilapia.
- Per Serving
- Calories 395
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 73mg
- Sodium 517mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 218mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To toast the almonds, heat oven to 375° F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.