- 1 1/2pounds fingerling or new potatoes, halved
- 1tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets, split lengthwise
- 4 1/2tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1cup dry white wine
- 2tablespoons capers
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the tilapia with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat 1½ tablespoons of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the tilapia in batches until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, plus the capers and parsley. Serve with the tilapia and potatoes.